Are you lost when you are reading comments about the low carb keto diet and people are using acronyms like LCHF, HWC and IF? I was too. Here is a little guide I put together for you. I hope it helps you like it did me when I was starting out.
#lowcarbdiet #lowcarbrecipes #ketodiet #keto #lchf
I'm not good at figuring out acronyms in general and when I start KETO I joined some groups and looked up info in forums. I was so lost when people were using the acronyms for the low carb keto diet/lifestyle so I put together this list for you so you can decipher what everyone is talking about.
KETO DIET Acronyms
- ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar
- AS – Artificial Sweeteners
- BPC = Bullet Proof Coffee
- CO= Coconut Oil
- Fat Bomb = high-fat snack usually made with mostly coconut oil
- HWC = Heavy Whipping Cream
- IF = Intermittent fasting, fasting for 12-16 hours between meals
- LC = Low Carb
- LCHF = Low Carb High Fat
- Net Carbs = Total Carbs minus the fiber and/or minus sugar alcohols
- NSV = Non-Scale Victory these are things like inches lost, clothes fitting, healing from health issues
- ON = Way of nutrition
- Shark Week= On your period Yes, I thought they were talking about the TV show when I first heard this haha!
- SF = Sugar-Free
- WOL = Way of living/life
- WOE = Way of Eating
As with all my lists, I will be updating it and adding as needed. Please let me know if there is an acronym you are wondering about and I can add it to the list.